Bareboat sailing charters on Lake Superior’s Canadian Coast and Isle Royale, the Jewel of the US National Park system.
Close your eyes. Imagine yourself skippering a sailboat with your family and friends across the crystal clear waters of Lake Superior. Wind on your face. Surrounded on all sides by picturesque landscapes. Feel your worries and stress fall behind in the boats wake. Breathe in the clean fresh air. Anchor your boat in a deserted cove. Go for a hike in the unspoiled nature. Grill some steaks on the barbecue. Lean back and get lost in the spectacular evening sky.
Make this dream a reality with Sail Superior Bareboat Sailing Charters!
We are located in Thunder Bay, the gateway to Isle Royale and Lake Superior’s rugged and remote Canadian Coast. Now within your grasp are places such as Isle Royale, Thompson Island, The Sleeping Giant, Black Bay, Horseshoe Cove, Otter Cove, Loon Harbour, Red Rock, Nipigon Bay, Battle Island, Rossport and the Slate Islands … to name just a few.
We can also provide one-way charters so you can see more of the north shore. No need to rush back over the same cruising area you just sailed. For example, take the boat on a three or four day trip from Thunder Bay to Red Rock, and leave it there. Or do the Slate islands on a week-long trip leaving the vessel in Rossport.
One thing that must be mentioned is the strength of the US dollar; save on all your provisioning costs while here.
New for August 2020!
New for August 2020! The 50ft Lagoon 500 Catamaran is the newest addition to the Sail Superior fleet.
$495 / hr +HST (min 2.5 hrs)
5.5 hrs – $2,150.00 +HST
8.5 hrs – $2,950.00 +HST
11.5 hrs – $3,450.00 +HST
Weekend $4,250.00 +HST
23.5 hrs Friday 6pm to Sunday 5:30
Weekly $15,350.00 +HST
12 PM Saturday to 12 PM Saturday
*Captain and crew wages are in addition to all prices. And must be negotiated directly with them – see list of approved captains.
- the renter/charterer is fully responsible for the vessel, guests, damage, following the law on the water. etc.
- They must either be competent to operate the vessel or hire a captain and crew to do so. A list of approved captains should be contacted before agreeing to the rental contract. A deposit of 50% will be held at time of booking for 24 hrs to give the person time to arrange operators. You may request a full refund if you can not find a suitable operator. Operators must be approved by the vessel’s (Sail Superior’s) insurance company.
- Included in 2.5 hr charter – Use of the galley and salon and one washroom, PFDs for 18 persons.
- Optional use of the entire vessel 5 cabins, $300 cleaning fee mandatory if full vessel is used, for day charters.
- All Charters: Fuel surcharge of $15/hr on the meter for each engine or GenSet used.
- Overnight charters, all areas of the vessel are available for use. Fuel charges and pump out applicable $15/ engine hour per engine and $100 clean and pump out fee.
- Refundable damage deposit of $2500 applicable on all charters.
A Jonmeri 40, Frodo is a true blue water cruiser/racer. She was built in Finland to the standards of the Baltic and Swans. Detailed with teak decks and fine interior teak joinery. Frodo is well equipped with a full complement of electronics and safety gear. Gear storage aboard is ample for a week long group of 6.
Vessel Availability: Please call or email for availability.