Plan Your Visit to Thunder Bay
How to Find Us
Receiving daily flights from a range of locations, Thunder Bay International Airport receives direct flights from Toronto (from both Pearson and Billy Bishop Airports), Winnipeg and dozens more from Northern Ontario locations. Head online to your preferred airline provider and book today!
Found at the crossroads of Ontario Highways 11, 17 & 61, Thunder Bay is easily accessed from both Canada and the U.S. Enjoy the breathtaking views and unique lookouts while travelling through the rugged Canadian wilderness and quaint little towns rich in history and character. Travelling from Southern Ontario, this journey takes from 14-16 hours with plenty of accommodations to stop at along the way.
From the West we are about 7- 8 hours from Winnipeg and from the South we are about 4 hours from Duluth, 6-7 hours from Minneapolis.
*Remember the time changes at the border. Lose an hour coming North, gain an hour going South.
Places to Stay Nearby
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Thunder Bay (75m) 3 min walk from Marina
- The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel (400m) 7 min walk from Marina
- Courthouse Hotel Thunder Bay (700m) 10 min walk from Marina
- The Haven Hostel (850m) 11 min walk from Marina
Places to Eat Within Walking Distance
- Bight Restaurant (50m) 1 min walk from Marina
- Thai Kitchen (400m) 6 min walk from Marina
- The Tomlin (400m) 6 min walk from Marina
- The Sovereign (450m) 7 min walk from Marina
- The Red Lion (400m) 7 min walk from Marina
- Prospector Steak House (450m) 7 min walk from Marina
- The Foundry (550m) 8 min walk from Marina
- El Tres (650m) 10 min walk from Marina
- Lot 66 (1km) 13 min walk from Marina
- The Nook (1.3km) 17 min walk from Marina
Places to Adventure
- Alexander Henry 2 min drive from Marina - Walkable
- Terry Fox Monument 15 min drive from Marina
- Anemki-Wajiw Lookout 25 min drive from Marina
- Fort William Historical Park 25 Min drive from Marina
- Whispered Dream Ranch 55 min drive from Marina (Trail Rides)
- Eagle Canyon 50 min drive from Marina
- Ouimet Canyon 60 min drive from Marina